Subject: Water Supply Scenarios Posted: 4/8/2020 Viewed: 1584 times
I would like to generate different scenarios for urban water supply (for next 10 years, as well as for water demand.
I have water supply data for one year (2019) in daily basis for 10 water stations).
What are other data needed for modeling these scenarios?
Ms. Anne Hereford
Subject: Re: Water Supply Scenarios Posted: 5/1/2020 Viewed: 1555 times
The minimum data required, i think, would be water demand and water supply. The more data you are able to enter in WEAP, the more robust your model will be. As some examples...
- Historical streamflow data can be used to calibrate your model.
- Reservoir operations data will allow the model to integrate storage and release of water (if there are dams in your basin).
- Water conservation measures can be entered in the model (either individually or as a sum goal).
- Projections of population growth will help refine your demand curve.
- Changing demand and supply priorities may be useful for different scenarios.
Please use the exercises in the tutorial to better understand the data that can be integrated into WEAP. www.weap21.org/tutorial