Subject: Major New Version of WEAP (2018.0) Posted: 4/30/2018 Viewed: 4813 times
A new version of WEAP is now available, with many new features and several bug fixes. It is recommended for all users to get the update. As always, this new version is backwards compatible with data sets developed in earlier versions of WEAP.
If you have a problem with the automatic update, you can download the full installation from http://www.weap21.org/Download There is no need to uninstall your existing version first.
- Automatic Catchment Delineation: WEAP can delineate catchments and rivers (using digital elevation data), calculate land area (disaggregated by elevation band and land cover), and download historical climate data for each catchment (by elevation band). This will greatly simply the process of setting up and modeling catchment hydrology. WEAP will automatically download global datasets for elevation, land cover and climate as needed. http://www.weap21.org/WebHelp/index.html#Catchment_Delineation.htm - Tags: Tags allow you to create entirely new structures for organizing the data and objects in your model, and can be used for grouping, organizing, filtering, highlighting and subtotaling results. Every object on the schematic can be assigned one or more user-defined tags, and tags can be grouped into user-defined tag categories. Think of tag categories as different dimensions for your data, such as location (north, south, east, west), river basin, economic sector (industry, agriculture) or ownership (state, federal). http://www.weap21.org/WebHelp/index.html#ManageTags.htm - Plugins: Plugins can be added to your models to extend their capabilities, such as calculating reservoir evaporation, agricultural residues or energy requirements. Create your own plugins or download them from the WEAP website or from colleagues. http://www.weap21.org/WebHelp/index.html#Plugins.htm - Access to commercial LP solvers (Gurobi and XA) to greatly accelerate calculations on very large models -- up to ten times faster. http://www.weap21.org/WebHelp/index.html#LPFormulation.htm - Filtering the Schematic and Tree: You can selectively show or hide objects on the Schematic and Data View Tree based on their scenario, type and tags. For example, to show only objects that are not active in Current Accounts, set the filter to: Scenario <> Current Accounts. http://www.weap21.org/WebHelp/index.html#FilteringSchematic.htm - Link to MODFLOW 2005 and MODFLOW NWT groundwater models http://www.weap21.org/WebHelp/index.html#Linking_to_MODFLOW_Full.htm - Numerous other improvements, optimizations and bug fixes.
Several organizations have contributed funding for enhancements in this new version. We gratefully acknowledge
- California State Water Resources Control Boards (SWRCB)
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology (KICT)
- German Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR)