Subject: Supply not being used Posted: 7/27/2015 Viewed: 7987 times
I have a groundwater supply available, and a demand that is unmet, yet the available groundwater supply is not being used. Any ideas of how to fix this? My demand is set to priority 1.
Subject: Re: Supply not being used Posted: 7/29/2015 Viewed: 7951 times
There can be many reaons that the demand is unmet. They include:
1) Groundwater is not connected to demand
2) Groundwater is available seasonally, but can't meet all demand all the time.
3) Pipes have limited capacity to transport groundwater to demand
4) Water quality specifications preclude groundwater from being used
5) All of available groundwater is not sufficient to meet demand
Etc. This is a good opportunity to delve deeper into your model.